SUSTAINABLE GRENADINES INC. (SusGren) SEEKS AN EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Sustainable Grenadines Inc. (SusGren), a trans-boundary Grenadines Non-governmental Organization (NGO), is seeking a self-motivated and hardworking person to fill the position of Executive Director to lead its ‘Sustainable Integrated Development and Biodiversity Conservation in the Grenadine Islands’ initiative (St. Vincent and the Grenadines and Grenada).
For the full Terms of Reference please contact [email protected] or call 1-784-485-8779. The deadline for applications to be received is March 18th, 2015.
Qualification and Experience
The candidate should have at least a first degree and at least five years’ experience in natural resource management or equivalent combination of education and experience. Candidates with proven ability of the operations of non-governmental organisation will be an asset.
Desirable experience and abilities include:
• Experience with group facilitation including working with NGOs and coordination of complex projects;
• Ability to effectively interact and communicate with government officials in St. Vincent and the Grenadines and Grenada and other diverse stakeholders;
• Working experience in developing concepts and funding proposals for GEF, NOAA, US Fish and Wildlife Services and project administration requirements;
• An in-depth knowledge and working experience with government relations, and government process in St. Vincent and the Grenadines and Grenada;
• Knowledge of global environmental issues, conventions, and international protocol; Knowledge and experience in coastal and marine management; Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to work independently; Knowledge of environmental and social issues in the Grenadines; Willingness to travel frequently in the Grenadines; Interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to be a team player;
• Leadership and management skills; Flexibility and perseverance; Project management and financial management experience; Experience using applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Web Browsers.
Applicants should send a letter of interest and their curriculum vitae, including the names and contact information of two references to Orisha Joseph, Programme Officer, SusGren, Clifton, Union Island, St. Vincent and the Grenadines ([email protected]). Submission by email is preferred. Please contact Ms. Joseph with questions or for further details (784 485 8779).